Tag Archives: rip off

Tips On How To Recognize “Scams” And “Fraudulent” E-mail


I wanted to share some tips on how you can protect yourself . Below are some great tips and resources I have recommended to my clients during my self defense classes.

Phishing is a type of deception designed to steal your valuable personal data, such as credit card numbers, Windows Live IDs, other account data and passwords, or other information.

You might see a phishing scam:

In e-mail messages, even if they appear to be from a coworker or someone you know.
On your social networking Web site.
On a fake Web site that accepts donations for charity.
On Web sites that spoof your familiar sites using slightly different Web addresses, hoping you won’t notice.
In your instant message program.
On your cell phone or other mobile device.

Often phishing scams rely on placing links in e-mail messages, on Web sites, or in instant messages that seem to come from a service that you trust, like your bank, credit card company, or social networking site.

Your first level of defense against phishing scams and other malicious humans or software is to secure your computer.

Some phishing e-mail contains malicious or unwanted software that can track your activities or simply slow your computer. Try new antivirus and comprehensive computer health services such as Windows Live OneCare. To help prevent spyware or other unwanted software, use Windows Defender. Windows Defender comes with Windows Vista and is available at no charge for Windows XP SP2. –Protect your computer in 4 steps.-

For the full article go to Recognize phishing scams and fraudulent e-mail

More Useful Info to help you

EBay Bad Actors – Beware of Scams and PhishingHow-To & Education SquidooSquidoo

No password jam and phishing scams allowed here!Computers, Gadgets & Tech SquidooSquidoo

How to Recognize a Phishing Scam | eHow.com

Get help with your phishing and fraud questionsMicrosoft Corporation

“Prosper Learning” Newsletters:Prosper Inc.

For more see Devin Willis and Defensive Tactics

Consumer Reports Website Product reviews and Ratings on cars, appliances, electronics and more from Consumer Reports.

4 Comments

Filed under devin willis + prosper, How to Recognize a Phishing Scam, tips

The right attitude can make a world of difference when it comes to keeping people happy

Do the Right Thing!

When you go to the store or call a company , you want to be respected and treated well . It’s that simple. Treat your customers, as If they were your Mom, Dad, Brother, Sister et.They deserve your respect. After all

the Wharton School of Business found that businesses aren’t honoring this simple creed. Customers were treated down right rotten in 60% of the cases they examined.

1)  There are typically no employees around to help customers.

2)  Long checkout lines. Finally, the third was customers a upset when there are employees present, but they don’t offer any greeting, smile or eye

What do these customers do?

According to a 2006 survey released by a group within the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, a typical business only hears from 4% of its dissatisfied customers; the other 96% leave quietly. Of that 96%, 68% never reveal their dissatisfaction because they perceive an attitude of indifference in the owner, manager or employee.

But a typical dissatisfied customer will tell eight to 10 people about their experience. One in five will tell 20.  see  Customer disservice-BusinessReport.com and Daily-Report.com are Baton Rouge news

Now if you are not around to help or seem to be uncaring, you risk being thought of as a company that  is a scam or “rip-off, ripoff, rip off,” ect.

Even if you are an honest one because the customer has to make an assumption. Without your customers you would not be a successful  . I have tried to follow these steps

People pay for peace of mind. They want security, integrity, and the assurance that if there is a problem, it will be promptly handled.

Humbly suggested,

Devin Willis

New survey reveals top 3 customer pet peeves -April 24, 2008 –Clark Howard’s Tips in , “The Lufkin Daily News“.

Customer disservice-By Anna Thibodeaux – www.businessreport.com Baton Rouge news

Tips for Curing Bad Customer Service-Jill Homer

list of all kinds of major companies and the instructions to get through to an actual living breathing person! Click —Dial-A-Human— “Dial A Human and get rid of those annoying phone prompts. Talk to a REAL person!”

2 Comments

Filed under devin willis + prosper, Uncategorized